Why Barcode Technology? Why not now?
Implementing barcode technology might sound like an expensive and time consuming enterprise, however it does not have to be. Make the process simple by starting with one barcode scanner. Focus on one task for the scanner and track the savings generated. We can help to determine an appropriate task, create an affordable program, and provide training to ensure successful implementation.
Barcodes provide a quick and error free means for inputting data into an application running on a computer. By using bar codes, the potential for errors from manual data input is vastly reduced. Barcodes provide a rapid, accurate and efficient means to collect, process, transmit, record, and manage data. The Cost savings that barcode technology creates will pay for the capital expense associated.
Capturing data is faster and more accurate, costs are lower, mistakes are minimized and managing inventory is much easier. Some of the benefits generated by barcode technology are displayed below.
Faster and Reliable Data Entry
• A barcode scanner typically can record data five to seven times as fast as a skilled typist.
• Barcode technology allows for real time transactions to take place rather than manual batch inputs.
• Barcode entry is 10,000 times more accurate compared to keyboard data entry. Keyboard entry creates an average of one error in 300 keystrokes. Barcode data entry has an error rate of about 1 in 3 million.
• Reduced labor costs are the most obvious benefit of barcode data collection. In many cases, this cost savings pays for the entire data-collection system.
• Reduced revenue losses resulting from data collection errors can surpass the savings in labor costs.
• Using bar codes can reduce necessary inventory levels and save on capital costs.